Dennis Shiao’s blog, It’s All Virtual which is all about Virtual Worlds, Virtual Tradeshows, Virtual Meetings and more… wrote a great post about an upcoming Virtual Worlds Conference and an interview with FountainBlue’s Founder and CEO, the company organizing the conference. He did such a great job, I’m going to link to it directly here.
And don’t forget to download his eBook, Virtual Events: Ready, Set, Go. It’s on the right hand side of his blog.
Here’s the agenda for the upcoming conference. Note that I am the moderator of the Entrepreneur’s Panel starting at 12:30. 🙂
FountainBlue’s Virtual Worlds Annual Conference
- Topic: Virtual Worlds: Where We Were, Where We’re Going, What Does It Mean to YOU?
- Date & time: Friday, September 24, 2010, from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m PT
- Location: Cisco, Great Dane Conference Room at MCCARTHY RANCH 3 (SJCMR3), 155 North McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA
- Cost: Register by September 22 at noon: $42 members, $52 partners, $62 general
- Registration: http://www.svvirtualworlds.com by 9/22 at noon
- Late and On-Site Registration: $62 for members, $32 for non-members
- Audience: Entrepreneurs, Intrapreneurs and Investors only. No service providers please.
FountainBlue’s Second Annual State of the Virtual Worlds Industry conference updates entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and investors on the successes, challenges and trends of the industry overall, and showcases corporate and entrepreneurial virtual world demos. Beginning with a panel sharing the growth of the industry from the legal, venture, research and corporate perspectives, the program will next highlight how leading corporations are leveraging virtual worlds solutions to better serve their constituents, and culminating in showcasing early stage, funding-bound virtual worlds entrepreneurs with a range of solutions pushing the technology and business envelope.
8:30 Registration and Networking
9:00 Welcomes and Thank Yous
9:15 Trends in the Virtual Worlds Industry: An Update on What’s New and What’s Coming
- Facilitator Jeff Pope, Founding Partner, Spark Sky Ventures
- Tim Chang, Principal, Norwest Ventures
- David Helgason, CEO and Co-Founder, Unity
- Chris Platz, Creative Director and Art Lead, Stanford Sirikata Labs
- Eilif Trondsen, Research and Program Director of the Virtual Worlds @ Work
- Consortium at Strategic Business Insights
- Mark Wallace, Conversation Manager, Linden Lab
10:20 Morning Break
10:35 Corporate Panel: Serving Customers, Building Communities, Training Users
- Facilitator Dennis Shiao, Director of Product Marketing, INXPO
- Mic Bowman, Intel
- Dannette Veale, Global Virtual Event Strategist, Cisco, Lead, Virtual Component, Cisco Live
- Another Corporate Presenter to be confirmed
11:40 Lunch and Networking
12:30 Entrepreneur Panel: The Tools, The Goods, The Immersion Experience
- Facilitator Nina Gerwin, The NRG Group
- Michael Gold, CEO, Electrotank: virtual world & virtual games development platform
- Steve Hoffman, CEO, Rocketon: virtual world for tweeners
- Albert Kim, CEO, Zenitum: Augmented reality with 3D displays
- Jim Parker, President, Digitell: SaaS 3D immersive virtual events and virtual training
- Reuben Steiger, Founder and Chairman, Virtual Greats
1:30 Adjourn and Further Networking and Corporate Exhibits and Entrepreneur Showcases open until 2:00
For more information and to register, visit http://www.svvirtualworlds.com.
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
We are grateful to our sponsors at Cisco for their ongoing sponsorship of FountainBlue’s annual virtual world’s conference.